Eleventh Grade Career/College Preparation
- Keep your grades up and continue to keep track of your clubs, sports, and volunteer involvement for use on college applications.
- Take every opportunity to visit colleges and/or job shadow in a career field in which you have interest. Attend the NCMC College Fair (again) and get information. Petoskey High School may offer a skilled trades and college fair at their location in the early fall, too.
- Continue to visit the ONET site if you have thoughts about other career opportunities.
Go here: onetonline.org
- Ask teachers, coaches, pastors and other trusted adults if they will write a letter of recommendation for you. You'll need these for applications.
- Build and continue to add to a resume of jobs you've had, extracurricular activities, and volunteer work; this can be printed and saved on your computer for quick access and additions.
- Have another meeting with your parents. Have things changed? It's ok if they have. It's all part of growing up and learning new things - about yourself and about the opportunities that are available. Talk about college, careers, options, costs; there are many things to consider. Pray together. Ask the Lord God to guide the decisions being made.