Our kindergarten program offers a comprehensive learning experience including a full academic schedule with language arts, math, science and social studies along complemented by essential classes such as art, library/technology, PE, music, weekly youth chapel and daily Bible instruction.
A Few Specifics:
- Children learn to read through exposure to many important pre-reading skills, phonics and sight word instruction.
- Writing instruction includes both mechanics, creative expression and non-fiction writing using mentor texts.
- Science and Social Studies are interwoven across the curriculum by means of thematic instruction relevant to the lives of children.
- Math explores many foundational concepts such as numeral recognition, counting, patterning and builds to include addition, subtraction, beginning place value and more.
- God’s Word is implemented daily through prayer, Bible stories and activities and memory verses.
- Multiple teaching strategies are utilized to help each child reach their full potential.
- 5-6 year old children love to move, dance, explore and construct and have fun!
All of our instruction is given through the context of the world God created. It is super exciting to watch as the awe and wonder of the children combines with the order and logic inherent in Creation.