All students at HLCS are required to participate in at least one school-sponsored mission trip or school board approved mission trip to graduate.
Each spring the missions department will announce the trips for the following year. Local, national and international opportunities will be offered yearly. Our focus areas most recently are northern Michigan, Detroit, West Virginia (Appalachia) and Guatemala. Students are encouraged to pray with their parents over the summer and sign-up will be in the fall.
The goal of a HLCS Mission is to encourage students to:
- Develop a heart for missions
- See the world through a Christian World View
- Have exposure to other cultures, religions, and people groups
- Gain empathy for missionaries
- Develop a perspective of “the church” as a body of believers
- Have an opportunity to “stretch” out of their comfort zone, exploring and utilizing their skills, gifts, and talents