At Harbor Light Christian School, we strongly believe that Christian education is a ministry. It’s a commitment. It’s a connection – a connection between your child’s needs and your family philosophy and our philosophy. That’s why at HLCS, the first and most important consideration is what is best educationally for your child. All other considerations are secondary.
As a ministry to Christian families, it is our desire that no family who is seeking a Christ-centered education be denied due to a lack of financial resources. Money is important, and tuition is an investment in the life of your child. That’s why Harbor Light has one of the most robust needs-based financial aid programs in our area to assist families who demonstrate a financial need through Confidential Financial Services (CFS). This is an online, 3rd party vendor that is highly confidential. Their goal is to assist in determining a financial need for our current and new families. Our Admissions Team will be glad to share all the details and answer any questions you have about tuition and financial aid. Our goal is that money will not stand in the way for qualified families. Harbor Light gives up to $250,000 in needs-based financial aid each year to qualifying families.
For current tuition rates, please call the school office (231) 347-7859 to schedule a meeting with our Administrator, Kelly Dutcher.
We look forward to meeting you.
To apply: click on the CFS logo (cfslogin.com) to begin the tuition aid process. Application involves several steps:
- At cfslogin.com, create your user account. Keep track of your username and password. Where applicable, use the School Number: 49770.
- Pay the appropriate fee and complete your application online.
- Note that CFS’s recommendations are based on current income and expenses. Extenuating circumstances should be explained on the application in the area provided.
- CFS verifies your application information for us, so watch your email for a response from CFS with instructions of what to do next. Be prepared to fax or email them the first 2 pages of your state and federal tax returns and copies of your 4 most recent pay stubs. There may be other items requested as well.
- Harbor Light Christian School participates in CFS’s Financial Well Being program, an educational program designed to provide each of our applicant families with video education and resources designed to help strengthen your family financially. After your information has been verified, you will receive an email guiding you toward your video and resources. This is part of our tuition aid process, and the video assignment must be completed prior to the disbursement of funds.